Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Amped Unplugged HTML5 hackday
Saturday, May 14, 2011 from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
Amped HTML5 app Hack Day at Seattle Center
Washington Economic Development Commission, The Next Fifty, and Web Directions, organizers of the Unplugged conference join forces to present a unique hack day for web and mobile designers and developers.
The Amped hack day challenges designers and developers to create mobile applications and games to explore the Seattle Center, site of the Seattle World's Fair, and help visitors to engage and connect with the site, its history, and the future.
Over 10 intense hours, participants will imagine, and create prototype apps, with the chance that their app will be part of the NextFifty celebrations, and be used by tens of thousands of visitors to the Seattle Center during NextFifty.
Amped is the hack day, reloaded. A fast paced, 10 hour hack day, for developers, designers and more, with fantastic food, amazing prizes, a killer party, and that little bit more.
- When: Saturday May 14th
- Where: Seattle Center
- Who: Mobile and Web Designers and Developers, Design and IT students
- What: Hack day for mobile apps and games at Seattle Center
- Cost: Free but RSVP!
Please note: because of our venue, this event is over 21 only.
How does it work?
- Work as an individual, bring a team, or put together a team on the day
- We'll set you a number of challenges to choose from on the day - and the focus for this amped will be mobile, location based apps and games
- We provide great food and drink throughout the day, mentors to inspire and guide you, and a great, fun atmosphere
- There are great short sharp workshops all day on all kinds of useful, interesting technology
- At the end of the day, our judges decide the winners of each challenge, and the overall winner, with loads of great prizes from our partners and from us
- We wrap it all up with a great party.
What does it cost?
Nothing, nix, nada - all thanks to our great partners
Why should I brother?
- It's fun and free
- If you're looking for a job, you never know who might notice your work
- Show off what you and your team can do to the press, our partners, and others
- Win great prizes
Did we mention it's fun? and free? So head on down to Amped, and show what you've got.